Being a leader is a continuous job, which is why it’s important to always check in with yourself and your team members to make sure everyone feels like they are moving forward. The key to a successful company is a team with a sense of satisfaction.
There are many ways to go about defining success for yourself as a leader and for your company, too. Use these top three approaches to assess and define your own success.
- Your level of knowledge and experience
- Your employees’ level of satisfaction
- Your level of happiness
Assess Your Levels of Knowledge and Experience
Success often manifests itself in your feelings of self-worth within your position, which can directly relate to how much you have learned and the experience you have gained throughout your time as a leader. Ask yourself these key questions to get the answers you need:
- What have you accomplished in your job?
- What have you done that has made you proud?
- Do you respect the work you have done so far?
- What areas of expertise do you feel you have improved upon?
Assess Your Employees’ Levels of Satisfaction
One of the best indicators of your success is how your employees feel about the job and how they feel about you as a leader. How well your team members are doing will often reflect your success as a leader, so it’s important to check in with everyone in your organization on a regular basis.
- There are a few ways you can measure your employees’ happiness, including…
- Perform progress reports on their thoughts and feelings
- Pay attention to employee performance
- Keep track of absenteeism and employee turnover rates
- Analyze data on hiring and acceptance rates
- Measure customer happiness and loyalty
Assess Your Levels of Happiness
A great way to define success in your career is to truly think about your own happiness in your current position as a leader. It’s unreasonable to think that you’re going to be on top of the world every day, but it’s important to assess your overall well-being. It’s not about the day; it’s about the pattern.
Here are a handful of questions you can ask yourself to fully assess your levels of happiness in the workplace:
- Do you have a healthy relationship with your job?
- Do you feel motivated and inspired at work?
- Do you have ample time to yourself to relax and reflect?
- Do you ever dread going into work?
- Do you feel a sense of pride when you talk about your job?
Get in Touch with Our Executive Coaching Experts to Learn More Today
Self-reflection is never easy. The good news is you don’t have to do it alone. At MarCan Coaching & Consulting, we will help you ask the hard questions, so you can continue to grow as a leader in your life. If you’re ready to take the leap, get in touch with our executive & leadership coaches today.